Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Serious Business

With this semester winding down, I've been thinking a lot about where I'll be living next semester. If I wanted to make a change, there's no better time than now. On-campus housing for spring semester is going to be a little more than $4800. If I wanted to, I could take that money and use it for off-campus housing. 3 months in a dorm room is $4800. 6 months in a studio apartment won't be much more than $3300, plus food and utilities.

So I'm looking once again at apartments. This time, without depending on a random third person to also be willing and able. Any money that I get for housing that I don't end up using, I can always put back into my student loans to lower the amount I owe before interest starts accumulating 6 months after graduation. Why not, right? The biggest reason why not is that after graduation, I don't have housing money to spend. I may be working full time, I may be going to grad school, or I might not be doing either of those things. Unfortunately not much is certain. Even more than he wants to move out, Justin doesn't want to come crawling back to his parents after failing to strike out on our own.

But nothing is certain in these times, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment