Friday, October 29, 2010

Nail Polish

A couple month ago, one of the girls I work with (the same one that said "no u" regarding the bunny) noticed how often I wear sandals, and became obsessed with the fact that my nails were never painted. She said that my unpainted toes looked like naked little sausages. So I called her dumb and moved on. She said this every time I worked with her for weeks on end. I like my toes just fine, and no amount of berating on her part can change the fact that I think I have rather nice looking feet, even without polish. She was being kind of a bitch about it, but that's how she is, and I don't fault her for it. I'd actually call her a friend. We're bitches to each other and then we laugh about it, and then we argue over who has to pull trays in kennel.

Anyway, I decided to play her game and paint my toenails one day. I actually sort of liked the way it looked, and I kept doing it for a couple weeks. Then I decided that plain polish wasn't good enough. If I was going to paint my toenails, they were going to be miniature works of art. So I invested ($2) in a bottle of polish with a finer brush so that I could paint a design. I went with spider webs to start, because it seemed easy. And it was. And it was also fun. I finished my toes as House was ending and decided I'd do my fingernails too while I watched Dexter.

Now, I've been a nail-biter my whole life. Sometimes, I would go relatively long periods of time without biting them, and then I'd just catch myself biting them while playing WoW or something. Justin hates when I bite my nails. For his sake, I've been trying to stop for the better part of a year now, but most of the time I don't catch myself until after I've gone through two nails. The night after painting my fingernails, I was standing at the puppy desk during a lull, and I started to bite my nail. I stopped before my finger even made it to my face, thinking, "But I'll ruin the design if I bite them D:". So far, this nail polish thing seems to have done the trick for me. It's fun to do while I catch up on the three shows that I watch, and the desire to not destroy my hard work helps me keep better track of what I'm doing with my nails (I.E. biting them).

Currently wearing: Candy Corn. It looks tasty.

1 comment:

  1. You know, if you REALLY don't want to bite your nails, put some Phooey on them. Ick!

    ReplyDelete